FairShare in 2012
Remember when you were 20? Full of enthusiasm and inspiration, ready to jump off that cliff into the wide, great world, and believing everything is possible?
In 2012, during the Year of CSA, FairShare farms delivered more CSA shares to more Wisconsin families than ever before. FairShare hosted a record number of community events attended by over 3,000 individuals, and, most importantly, we worked with our 50 farms to build strong relationships with farm members to grow and eat good food.
As you’re tucking in for the winter and relishing the hearty flavors of winter’s pallet, we encourage you to consider the role your farm and food plays in your family. Let’s nourish those connections with our farmers and neighbors, and appreciate the community we all co-create.
We, at FairShare, certainly appreciate you! Thanks for a delicious Year of CSA.
How does our work impact local economies, farmers and families?
Together with our community in 2012 we delivered:
- $4 million in direct farm sales
- 2.5 million pounds of fresh food directly to families in our community
- $80,000 in farm-fresh food to low-income families
- 165,000 CSA shares brimming with fresh food
What does CSA $ and Food Sense mean on the farms in our communities?
- 1,400 acres kept in food production
- 50 families making their living growing food
- 365 pick-up sites in southern Wisconsin (and Northern Illinois!)
To learn more about FairShare’s work, please download our 8-page annual report (PDF). All donations to FairShare CSA Coalition, a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit, are tax deductible. Please donate online or send a check to FairShare CSA Coalition, 303 S. Paterson St. #1B, Madison, WI 53703.