Participation in the Partner Shares cost-share program depends on self-identified need, household income, and a commitment to the farm and the responsibilities of being a CSA member.
- Your current monthly household income is at or below the 185% of Federal Poverty Guidelines (see the chart to the right). The income level is adjusted for the number of people living in the household.
- If your children are eligible for free or reduced lunch at school, your family qualifies for this funding.
- You have paid all of your past Partner Shares Program payments.
- Your requested CSA share is a vegetable share. There are many types of CSA shares that include fruit, meat, cheese, eggs, honey, and other specialty products. Partner Shares funding can only be applied to vegetable shares.
- You understand the concept of CSA, and agree to the farm’s CSA member responsibilities, specifically picking up your share each week.
Organizations serving meals to their community qualify for the Partner Shares Program if:
- The majority of the population you serve meets the above income guidelines.
- The organization serves prepared meals to their community members, and does not use this produce for their food pantry.
- The requested CSA share is a vegetable share.
- The organization contact understands the concept of CSA and agrees to the farm’s CSA member responsibilities, specifically picking up your share each week.
- The organization offers educational materials or activities related to healthy eating, nutritional guidelines, and promotion of CSA.