New! Bus the Barns
**Was held on September 17th, 2017 **
Save the date for Bus the Barns 2018 – Sunday, September 16th!
Farm-to-table taco lunch at Bike the Barns 2016. Photo credit: Caroline Marie Photography
What Does Bus the Barns Include?
Registration for this interactive tour includes all meals, farm tours and activities at three farms, and bus transportation. Join the fun!
- Enjoy farm to table meals and snacks
- Breakfast snack + coffee, snack stop, lunch, and after party meal & beverage
- Tour unique community supported agriculture (CSA) farms
- Attend food & farm-related workshops and activities
- A crash course in making farm-fresh cocktails
- Cider press demonstration with local Wisconsin apples at Winterfell Acres
Smoothie-making with a bike blender
- Cooking demo with a top Madison chef at Vitruvian Farm
- Veggie-themed mural painting at Raleigh’s Hillside Farm
- Taste of organic presentation by Purple Cow Organics
- Celebrate with live music and a delicious after party
- All ages welcome
9:30 am: Meet at Lake Farm Park in Madison
10 am: Depart for bus tour!
10:30 am: Winterfell Acres – Local snack, farm tour & demo
12 pm: Raleigh’s Hillside Farm – Farm to table lunch, interactive activities & tour
2:15 pm: Vitruvian Farms – Local ice cream sandwiches, tour & foodie activities
3:30 pm: Enjoy the After Party at Lake Farm Park
(*exact times at each farm subject to slight change, but start and end times are solid!)