Trips & Tips to Get You Ready for Bike the Barns!
Preparing for Bike the Barns is about getting you AND your bike ready for the big ride.
Local Bike Clubs and Ongoing, Weekly Rides
Bombay Bicycle Club – Weekend rides, Thursday night rides, and/or leisure rides
We Are All Mechanics (WAAM) – Mondays Around Monona (MAM)
Team LunaChix – Weekly rides on Thursdays
Wednesday Night Bike Rides
Capitol Velo Club
Former Bike the Barns Route Maps and Cue Sheets
Here are maps and cue sheets from former Bike the Barns rides. (As a reminder, the farms on the routes are not open to the public.) These are all scenic, circular routes. Great practice!
- 2007 – The inaugural ride! West of Madison – Download PDF
- 2009 – Southwest of Madison, leaving from Elver Park – Download PDF
- 2010 – Northeast of Madison, leaving from Token Creek Park – Download PDF
- 2011 – East of Madison, leaving from Lake Ripley Park – Download PDF
- 2012 – West of Madison, leaving from Reddan Soccer Park in Verona – Download PDF
- 2013 – South of Madison, leaving from Lake Leota Park in Evansville – Download PDF
- 2014- Evansville, WI, leaving from Leonard Leota Park – Download PDF
- 2015- Fort Atkinson, WI, leaving from Rock River Park – Download PDF
- 2016- Verona, WI, leaving from Badger Prairie County Park – Download PDF
Check out these articles (compliments of REI):
There are mechanics at each stop, SAG vehicles and on-bike support during Bike the Barns.
Hands-On Bike Maintenance: Fix a Flat
Description: We’ve all had it happen…riding along the trail and now your tire is flat. In this Hands-On class, our bike techs will share tips and tricks for fixing a flat, changing your bike tube and getting back on the go. Participants should bring their own wheel, tire & tube to work on during the class. We’ll provide the tools. Register early, class size is limited.