Buy tickets now for an entertaining & educational evening featuring food + farms! The festival will screen a series of beautiful and powerful short to medium-length films focused on good food. Themes will include sustainable agriculture, food access and veteran farmers.
Join FairShare CSA Coalition and presenting sponsor, Willy St. Co-op, for an entertaining and enlightening evening featuring good food + sustainable farms!
The festival will screen a series of beautiful short to medium-length films highlighting a future of healthy and sustainable food systems. Film themes will include sustainable agriculture, food access and veteran farmers.
Each film will be followed by short TED-style talks from area leaders, providing local context for each film and shedding light on the state of local, fresh and sustainable food in Wisconsin. Speakers will include:
• Sarah Lloyd – Special Projects Coordinator at Wisconsin Farmers Union, President of the Columbia County Farmers Union, Director of Development at the Wisconsin Food Hub Cooperative
• Kat Becker of Stoney Acres Farm & Cattail Organics – Wildly popular CSA farms in northern WI, featuring pizza nights and politically active farmer owners
• George Reistad – City of Madison Food Policy Coordinator
• Annie Sholar – Worker-Owner at Equal Exchange
• Steve Acheson – Co-owner of Peacefully Organic Produce, a veteran-led and operated CSA farm
The festival will include awesome door prizes from Patagonia and others, and delicious local snacks for purchase from Honey Bee Bakery and Gibs, as well as featured beverages from High Noon Saloon. Tickets are on sale at the High Noon Saloon website, and be sure to check out the Facebook event page.