How does CSA work?
CSA members join a farm early in the season by purchasing a share of that farm’s products in advance. In return, members get a delicious weekly or bi-weekly box of foods, carefully grown, harvested, and washed by the farmer, all season. Members pick up their shares in their neighborhood or at their farm, and can participate in on-farm events, work days, potlucks, u-pick gardens, and more. Some farms offer choose-your-own or “market shares” where you can compile your own box of vegetables at their weekly farm stand!
It really is as simple as that!
1. You pick a farm that fits your needs.
2. You purchase a “share” from a farm and become a farm “member.”
3. You choose the pick-up location from a list of options the farm provides.
4. The farm delivers a box of vegetables regularly throughout the growing season.
5. You attend events and activities on your farm, if you want some quality time with your farmer.