Raleigh’s Hillside Farm
Raleigh’s Hillside Farm
Member Since: 2016
Kyle & Lauren Rudersdorf
901 N. Marsh Rd, Brodhead, WI 53520
Raleigh’s Hillside Farm is owned and operated by husband and wife Kyle and Lauren Rudersdorf on 4 acres of leased family land. Ours is a love story. We met while attending the University of Wisconsin- Madison studying soil science and rural sociology, respectively. We spent our days learning to cook and our nights discussing the environment, agriculture, local food systems, and a better world. We fell in love quickly and as we approached graduation, couldn’t imagine an existence where we weren’t always a team. We decided to take a chance and rent some land and Raleigh’s Hillside Farm was born. Over the past six years we’ve watched our dreams become reality as we have grown our small, diverse farm focused on love, respect, education and healthy soils.
Our main CSA season beings June 6th and runs through October 17th. We currently offer six different CSA shares. You will find descriptions and prices below followed by a list of CSA perks, delivery locations and payment options.
Sample full share from September
Weekly Full Share ($625): This share is best described as a paper grocery bag full of vegetables and herbs delivered weekly for the 20 week season. This “bag” of groceries is definitely enough for a family of four who loves to cook. Members can expect large quantities of 7-12 items in their box throughout the season.
Flex Full Share ($515): The same amount of produce as the full share listed above, but delivered just 15 times throughout the season. This share is ideal for people who love to cook but know they will be traveling for 4-5 weeks of summer. Flex Share members will be contacted in May to select their 15 delivery dates.
- Every-Other-Week Full Share ($350): The same amount of produce as the full share listed above, but delivered every other week throughout the season. Members will receive 10 total boxes of produce. This is especially great for people who deal well with bulk produce and enjoy cooking (but not consistently) as well as folks who travel a lot throughout the summer.
Sample half share box from July
- Weekly Half Share ($395): This share receives a little over half as much produce as the full share. In other words, a half grocery bag of vegetables and herbs delivered weekly for the 20 week season. It still includes great variety (7-10 items in the box each week) but members won’t receive quite as many items as full share members. This box is designed for one or two individual-households who love to cook most nights of the week. It’s also great for families who enjoy cooking but find themselves eating away from home a few nights each week.
- Flex Half Share ($335): The same amount of produce as the half share listed above, but delivered just 15 times throughout the season. This share is ideal for people who enjoy cooking but know they will be traveling for 4-5 weeks of summer. Flex Share members will be contacted in May to select their 15 delivery dates.
- Every-Other-Week Half Share ($235): This is our smallest share. The box contains the same amount of produce as the half share listed above, but is delivered every other week throughout the season. Members will receive 10 total boxes of produce. This is good for people who are brand new to CSA and nervous about getting overwhelmed, or those who enjoy also visiting the farmer’s market regularly.
Our CSA members receive the following along with their boxes of produce:
- Relationship with your farmer
- Weekly newsletter from the fields
- Vegetable storage tips
- Recipes for all skill levels
- Opportunities to order extra produce
- Invitations to special members’ only events
- Access to private Facebook group
- Additional recipe archive and farm stories through Lauren’s food and farming blog The Leek & The Carrot
- Downtown Madison (Proudfit St)
- Eastside Madison (Orton Ct)
- Middleton (Windfield Way)
- Fitchburg (Woods Edge Court)
- Verona (TBD)
- Stoughton (Patterson St)
- Evansville (Second St)
- Janesville (TBD)
- New Glarus (TBD)
- Pay in full by credit card through our online store (3% transaction fee added to price)
- Pay by check in full
- Pay by check in two installments: Send two checks; one dated for deposit on January 31, 2018 and one for August 1, 2018. Write each check for one half of the total due. We will hold checks until their deposit date.
- Pay by check in four installments: Send four checks; one dated for deposit on January 31, 2018, one for March 1, 2018, one for June 1, 2018, and one for August 1, 2018. Write each check for one quarter of the total due. We will hold checks until their deposit date.
- Contact us for reduced cost shares subsidized by our Community Fund