We are fortunate to live in a region committed to nurturing small family farms and CSA. With the addition of these newly endorsed farms, FairShare CSA Coalition numbers 53 farms. All FairShare-endorsed farms are eligible for CSA Health Insurance Rebates, Partner Shares assistance, and EBT payment processing.
The starred farms below are planning to attend the CSA Open House on Sunday, March 8 in Madison. In total, representatives from 36 farms will be present the CSA Open House. It’s a great opportunity to get your questions answered efficiently and to put faces with farm listings. Finding a CSA farm can feel a bit like getting married. You want to make sure you commit to the “right” farm .
* Circle M Market Farm, Blanchardville – Kriss Marion is growing veggies on 4 acres and marketing to Madison, New Glarus and Mt. Vernon. She writes: “Circle M is a great choice for families who love to eat and who want to share in the life of a farm and its varied cast of characters, including sheep, goats, chickens, ducks, steers, hogs, dogs, and kittens. Our members get gorgeous, generous boxes and tickets to lavish on-farm, field-to-table dinners.”
* Fazenda Boa Terra LLC, Spring Green – John Middleton & Lidia Dungue are farming 6.5 acres and are marketing to Spring Green, Madison and Chicago. They write: “Located in the heart of the incomparable Wyoming Valley of Spring Green, we are building a one-of-a-kind community farm with our partners at Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin. We grow over 130 varieties of MOSA-certified organic vegetables from 45 crops available for 10 months per year. We offer customizable shares for an added fee.” Their farm’s name is in honor of Lidia’s home country of Brasil. The English translation equates to Good Earth Farm.
* Inch by Inch Organic Farm, Sparta – Farmed by sisters Jennifer Rengert, Katherine Rengert, and Deborah Rengert-Von Falkenstein, they are growing 2.5 acres in vegetables. They write: “We pride ourselves on our strong work ethic and treating everybody like family.” They are marketing to Sparta, Tomah, Cashton, Hillsboro, and Reedsburg.
Snug Haven Farm LLC, Belleville – Farmers Judy Hageman, Bill Warner and Danielle Wood are growing on 30 acres. They write: “Nestled in a valley, Snug Haven Farm’s specialties are spinach, heirloom tomatoes, and cut flowers grown in hoop houses. CSA Shares include winter ‘frost sweetened’ spinach and rolled oats, and summer flower bouquets.” They market to Madison, Belleville, Mt. Horeb and Verona.
* My Fine Homestead, Blue River – Farmed by William & Stacey Meyer, they write: “We are a farm family homesteading three-quarters of a mile from the Wisconsin River in the Driftless area. Our beautiful farm is home to our family and also the animals on it. We farm because it is our heritage but also our way of life.” They are marketing to Blue River, Muscoda, Richland Center, Spring Green and Madison.
Oxheart Farm, Mt. Horeb –Farmers Emmet Fisher & Cella Langer are nurturing 3 acres of vegetables. They write, “We are young, second-generation CSA farmers who are passionate about feeding real food to real people. Our small size and on-farm pickup allow you to get to know us, other shareholders, and our farm. We offer a market-style share, so you get to choose what goes into your box.”
Whitefeather Organics LLC, Custer – Tony Miller and Laura Utke farm 24 acres on their certified organic farm, raising veggies, mushrooms and small fruit. They write: “Offering CSA Full/Half shares in summer and Extended Season shares into December. Also raising pastured, organic-fed chickens, pigs, eggs, and fresh Thanksgiving turkeys.” They market to Stevens Point, Waupaca, Plover, Custer, Amherst, Wisconsin Rapids and Wausau.
* Winterfell Acres LLC, Blanchardville – Farmed by Bethanee Wright on a newly purchased 12-acre farm, she writes: “Winterfell Acres is a woman-led CSA farm dedicated to bringing you fresh, local, and sustainably grown produce in three share sizes to fit your eating and cooking goals. Along with your weekly CSA share, our newsletters include many recipes and tips to make the most of each week’s delivery.” She is marketing to Fitchburg, Middleton, Belleville, Madison.
Yee Circle Farm, Madison – Farmer Yee Ythao is growing 3 acres of veggies and marketing to Madison and Verona. Born in Thailand, Yee has been growing vegetables since her youth. She started farming for market at the Farley Center in 2013. She has always dreamed of growing a diversity of vegetables and producing delicious food. Yee’s farm name is based on the community and family that surrounds her and has made farming possible for her.
The following farms are no longer endorsed by FairShare:
Garden to Be, King’s Hill Farm, McDowell Fresh Produce, Oak Ridge Farm, Primrose Valley Farm, Sunny Cone Farm.