Health Insurance Rebate
This innovative partnership is a joint effort between area Health Plans and FairShare CSA Coalition to encourage organic farming, keep local dollars in our communities and to build a healthier Wisconsin. Health Plan Partners support FairShare’s work and mission, promote healthy lifestyles, and take a proactive approach to improving our health, environment, and community.
If you already belong to a CSA Farm, click on your Health Plan Provider for details on how to access your rebate:
Though Dean Health discontinued their rebate program in 2013, members with coverage from Dean can use their point system to earn cash back for healthy habits (like eating fresh food from a CSA!) and use their points earnings to offset the cost of joining a farm. Details on their Healthy Living Program are outlined below.
If you do not yet belong to a FairShare CSA Coalition CSA Farm, follow these simple steps to get your fresh veggies AND your cash back today!
- Learn more about CSA, and get answers to frequently asked questions.
- Be sure to check out these factors to consider when choosing a CSA farm to help you find the right farm for your family.
- Browse the Full Farm List and choose a FairShare-endorsed farm that best meets your needs and expectations.
- Contact the farm directly to request a brochure, confirm pick up locations and times, and ensure there are still shares available for you to purchase.
- Once you have submitted your farm signup form, click on your Health Plan link to the right to find out how to access your rebate.
- Eat great food, support your family farmer, and get money back! It’s that easy!!
“Being part of a CSA has changed our relationship with our food, … We have a better understanding of where our food comes from. We’re excited to teach our daughter that food doesn’t come from grocery.”
— JESSIE CHMELL, a GHC-SCW member and CSA member at Primrose Community Farm.