Work on a Farm
Spending a day on the farm, seeing and experiencing the hard work that goes into producing good food, is a great experience for everyone. There are many opportunities for getting your hands dirty and learning about food production. Each farm offers unique opportunities to participate in their day-to-day work. Work possibilities range from volunteering for one or several days, committing to be a worker share for the season, or interning or working on the farm.
The following farms are looking to fill positions on their farm:
- Community Groundworks has internships available in organic agriculture, natural areas restoration, and environmental education. They offer both paid and volunteer internships at Troy Gardens and at our other sites in Madison. Learn about our organic vegetable farm, natural areas, kids’ garden, and youth farm positions and find an application on their website.
Paid Full or Part-time Workers
- Crossroads Community Farm
- Tipi Produce
- Two Onion Farm
- Forest Run Farm LLC
- Troy Community Farm is seeking to hire an Assistant Farm Manager responsible for assisting the Farm Director in all aspects of certified organic vegetable, sprout, herb, greenhouse, and flower production; farm marketing; and farm intern, worker share, and volunteer training and education. This position is located in Madison, WI and is a part of Community GroundWorks. For more information, you can download the full job description or visit their website. The deadline to apply is February 7th.
- Harmony Valley Farm is currently in search of hard-working individuals with an experience and an interest in organic agriculture to fill the following positions: CSA Coordinator, Packing Shed Leader and Seasonal Farm Chef. Visit www.harmonyvalleyfarm.com/opportunities for more detailed job descriptions. Send resume with cover letter to Kelly Kuester at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Emerald Meadows Family Farm/Two Good Farms CSA is seeking for 2-4 full-time employees to help with all aspects of their farm. They are a certified organic diversified vegetable (CSA, market, wholesale) and grain farm. Tasks will include seeding, transplanting, watering, weeding, harvesting, cleaning, and packaging produce. Most important qualities include personal responsibility, attention to detail, good communication skills, self motivated, and ability to work well with others. Their properties (farm and employee housing) are smoke free. Lunch is included each work day. For more information or to apply, contact Tim at at 920-948-8216 or email email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.